Welcome to learn how collaboration can help save lives!
As a pre-event to the 3rd global ministerial UN-conference on road safety SAFER invites the delegates to a dinner event to share knowledge about how traffic safety research can be performed successfully in collaboration.
The participants will receive a summary from SAFER Vehicle and Traffic Safety Centre at Chalmers on effective traffic safety measures responding to the societal challenge on traffic safety. The event will furthermore create a deeper understanding on one of the key mechanisms behind how to improve traffic safety through a successful collaboration model between society, industry, academia and research organisations.
Concrete cost-effective implemented and future measures for increased traffic safety will be presented and the participants will be able to meet leading traffic safety experts within SAFER's network.
As a delegate you will bring home knowledge about:
- Vision Zero – basic principles
- Traffic safety measures today & tomorrow
- A successful collaboration model to work towards a common goal
- System thinking for traffic safety – practical examples on implementation
- Build understanding for needs to move ahead in traffic safety: why fast-footed regulations and investments (including grants) are needed and their benefits, by showing examples of opportunities
- Enabling the future: regulatory & research needs
REGISTRATION: Registation on the link below (pre-registration is needed!)
People working with policy making and EU officials that can benefit from knowing more about successful measures on traffic safety, state-of the art research, future needs and how to set up a successful collaboration model.
18:00 Welcome and mingling
Presentations from SAFER partners to help contribute to the understanding about the success factors behind collaboration as a key tool to save lives in traffic. of
Welcome by Malin Ekholm, Vice president Volvo Cars Safety Centre
Introduction to SAFER and the event by Magnus Granström, SAFER's Director Inspirational success stories on collaboration to increase traffic safety presented by:
- Peter Kronberg, Safety director, Volvo Group
- Patrick Mercier-Handisyde, Senior Policy officer, Director-General RTD, The European Commission
- Tomas Svensson, Director-General, Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute
- Fredrik Hörstedt, Vice president of Utilisation, Chalmers University of Technologyxhibition and expertise available during the dinner mingling
19:15 Walking networking dinner with vehicle and traffic safety experts. SAFER partners share knowledge and expertise in the exhibition.
Please contact malin.levin [at] chalmers.se if you would like to attend.
This event is sponsored by Trafikverkets Skyltfond.