SAFER Vehicle and Traffic Safety Centre at Chalmers
SAFER protects your privacy and we want you to feel safe when you submit your personal information to us. For us at SAFER, it is important to be open regarding how we process your personal information and provide you with information to help you understand how we collect, store and use your personal information and if you wish, to have your data deleted.
You are always welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Who is responsible for your personal data?
Chalmers University of Technology corp. reg. no. 5564-795598, at the address Lindholmspiren 3A, 417 56 Gothenburg, Sweden is responsible for the personal data collected and processed by SAFER.
Chalmers has also appointed a special data protection officer whose task is to help entities such as SAFER to comply with data protection legislation, with contact information: email@example.com
If you provide information to any of your partners and members (e.g. participating in a joint research project), that partner is responsible for your personal information.
Which personal data do we store and process?
The categories of personal data we process are the following:
- Are you part of SAFER’s network: Name and contact details such as your email address, telephone number, location, role within SAFER, research projects you are involved in and name of the organisation you represent.
- If you are a user of the project tool Webforum: Account details, including username/userID.
- If you have a personal key to SAFER: Key number and your personal code to access SAFER’s office.
- Newsletter subscribers: Your name and email address.
- Personal data when you participate as a text person in specific research projects (see section Personal data in SAFER’s research projects below)
Why we process your personal data
In this subsection, we describe when and why we process your personal data. Your personal data will not be used in any manner that is incompatible with the purposes for which they were collected.
We process your personal data to:
- Provide you or your organisation with information about SAFER’s activities and research.
- Invite you to seminars and other events.
- Invite you to meetings, relevant for your partnership.
- Report project information and results to our financiers.
- Providing you access to different features in our project tool Webforum and administering your account.
- Administrate your organisation’s membership.
- Register you as user of SAFER’s facilities and hand out your personal key.
- Conduct research projects (see section Personal data in SAFER’s research projects below)
How we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data when you:
- register to SAFER’s research centre
- sign up as subscriber to our Newsletters
- participate as a member or project leader in SAFER’s projects
- participate as a text person in a project
How we store your personal data
We store your personal data in a web based GDPR-compliant project tool, Webforum. For newsletter subscribers the data are stored in the GDPR-compliant tool Mailchimp.
How we share your personal data
We may share your data to relevant actors:
- If you have a personal key to SAFER’s office, your name, key number and personal code with be shared by the key administrator at Älvstranden as they are overall responsible for the building.
- If you are appointed as research project leader for a SAFER project, your personal data may be shared to the financier, depending on the project agreement and demands.
- If you are a member of a project related public organisation e.g. Chalmers; your name can be shared since this is a public document.
- If you are a
- project leader to a SAFER project or an associated project
- member of the SAFER secretariat
- member of the SAFER Board
- member of the SAFER management team
- Research area director
- Competence area leader
your name will be shared on SAFER’s website www.saferresearch.com.
Storage and storage time
At SAFER, we treat information about you as a partner/member in order to provide the best service and we save your data as long as the information is necessary to meet the purposes for which the information was originally collected. We have ongoing routines that ensure that we do not save unnecessary data about you and we minimize storage time as much as possible. In September each year a review of the current key users and account holders will be carried out. We will delete all personal data from all partners and members that do not want to be active in the research environment any longer. For project related information, personal data will be saved according to the requirements of the financier and project.
Information collected after consent
If you are neither a member or partner, but, for example, subscribe for SAFER’s Newsletter or visits our public seminars, SAFER will obtain your consent before we make any registration of your personal information. The information collected from you with your consent, SAFER will save as long as the information is relevant. You can always revoke your consent and the information will be deleted as soon as possible and not later than within 2 months. If you no longer want invitations to events or Newsletters, you can always unsubscribe from SAFER’s mailing list.
Security of your personal data
At SAFER, we ensure that your personal information is handled in accordance with specific security measures to protect personal data against unauthorized access.
Personal data in SAFER’s research projects
Personal data from project members are handled according to the above description. Collection, storage and use of personal data from test participants in SAFER’s research projects are handled according to GDPR and specified in each specific project agreement. Each test participant providing personal data have approved and signed a consent form, specifying in detail how the data is collected, stored, processed and deleted, accompanied with the rights of the test participants to view, delete and extract their data. For project related collected information data can be deleted if not used.
We at SAFER always want to be transparent with how we treat your personal data. To gain access to your personal data, you are entitled to request access to your information. You are also always entitled to request that your personal information be corrected. You may request the deletion of your information to the extent that complies with applicable law and in accordance with agreements entered into with you. You are also entitled to withdraw a given consent at any time and to cancel different types of mail from SAFER.
Complaints and regulatory authorities
If you feel that we have processed your personal information incorrectly, you can always contact us at SAFER. The Data Inspection is responsible for data protection law enforcement. A person who considers that there is an incorrect handling of their personal data can make complaints to the Data Inspection.
Our goal is to always provide you with simple and accurate information about how we use your personal information. At SAFER, personal integrity is important to us, and we constantly work with improvements so that you will always feel safe when you submit your information to us. If you have questions about how we use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.