Modelling Interaction between Cyclists an Automobiles
MICA2 will continue the work of MICA (which modeled driver behavior in the approaching phase of an overtaking maneuver, where a driver approached a cyclist from behind with oncoming traffic present (this scenario is inspired by the Euro NCAP test protocols) by looking at all phases during the overtaking maneuver, and then developing, testing and evaluating both active and passive safety systems.
- Model driver cyclist interaction during the whole overtaking maneuver.
- Investigate the crash causation mechanisms in cyclist overtaking.
- Develop and evaluate the benefit of new systems for active and passive safety.
- Leverage on virtual/augmented reality and new data types.
- Be carried out by three PhD students (Jordanka Kovaceva and Alexander Rasch)
- Inform automated driving and Euro NCAP
- Provide new business ideas for ICT on bikes and communication
- Leverage on an advisory board comprised of eminent scientists.
Toyota Motor Europe sponsors MICA2 via the DIV project.