New strategy for safe pedestrian traffic
The Swedish Transport Administration has developed a common approach for safe pedestrian traffic.
The purpose of the common focus is to systematize the safety efforts and thus improve safety for walking. SAFER has participated in the development of the strategy.
The prioritised areas of action are initially:
- Safe design of infrastructure for pedestrians
- Operation and maintenance for safe pedestrian traffic
- Safe winter shoes and smart protection
- Safe road user behaviors, use of other protection and reflexes
- Vehicle development for safe interaction with pedestrians